ound of Hope Care Limited is a domiciliary care agency that provides home care services to a wider client group and recruitment services in the larger West Midlands area. The company is based in Coventry City in the West Midlands area of England. The company is registered with the care quality commission and the registrar of companies in England.
Sound of Hope Care Limited carries out specialist recruitment for social care and housing workers.
These include care/support workers, social workers, community, support and outreach workers and respective line mangers. This service is predominantly undertaken through our company portal whereby prospective workers and employers can post their details and we are able to assist in connecting prospective workers to open employment opportunities at a fee. Our services also include carrying out specialist recruitment for social care and housing by undertaking staffing in temporally, interim and permanent staff from our network of professional candidates.
Career opportunities at our agency include:
• Care/Support workers
• Social workers
• Community, Support and Outreach workers
• Line Managers
Sound of Hope Care Limited will be the leading recruitment agency for high-quality and dedicated social care staff.
We will use our extensive network contacts and a large team of skilled recruitment specialists to ensure that we have the broadest selection of full-time and part-time employment opportunities. We work in every specialism, including qualified social work, community support and residential work in both the public and private sectors.
We also provide all the benefits of a large organisation with the personal attention that you expect from a much smaller business. Social Care professionals value the flexibility and choice that comes from our large network of contacts. We also know that we can only find the best position for each of our employees if we take the time to understand them, their qualifications, skills and strengths, their lifestyle and their personal and career ambitions. Our size, experience and wide range of contacts both nationally and internationally means that we can offer an unequalled range of career choices for social care professionals. Our comprehensive website provides online applications and many other features that together attract thousands of visitors each month. We have always maintained that enjoying the freedom of agency work should not mean sacrificing the rewards of permanent employment. That is why we offer permanent employment in our domiciliary Care Section to those who prefer it and where our rates are highly competitive. All of our workers are eligible for holiday pay and there is the potential to earn additional bonuses through a changing incentives program. We have negotiated discounts with the major professional associations for insurance premiums and membership fees.
Mission and vision
Our vision is to be the leading care provider across the country and to offer exiting recruitment opportunities to members of our society. We are committed to delivering the very highest standards of care in the home that make a real difference to our clients’ lives. Our mission is to improve quality of life for our clients through the delivery of excellence, extraordinary service and compassionate care, while being recognised as the leaders in home health and hospice services. We also aim at being the best resource centre for social and health care support personnel through our recruitment services.
Goals and Objectives
Our goals are:
• To become the leaders in home health and hospice services provision around Coventry and across England
• To Improve the quality of life for those we serve through the delivery of excellence, extraordinary service and compassionate care
• To create a resourceful centre for health care support personnel
• To employ competent, caring, and well-trained individuals who are responsive to the needs of our clients, their families, and the communities we serve
Our core values are:
• Respect for other people
• Openness and honesty
• Politeness, confidentiality and empathy
• Service, caring and integrity
• Enjoying what we do and giving back to the community
It is our goal to employ competent, caring, and well-trained individuals who are responsive to the needs of our clients, their families, and the communities we serve. Each staff member will meet the training requirements for the services they provide.
We encourage and support continued training of each of our workers. All care assistants are referenced and checked with the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB). We will work to a rigorous code of practice which is maintained through regular supervision.
• Our careers are exclusively employed by us to ensure the quality of service we provide to our customers. They are all fully trained and we provide support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week since we strive to ensure that everything works smoothly from day one.
Careers receive on-going training and professional development to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to deliver the very highest standards based on industry best practice.
• Getting things right for our service users is the best way to ensure that service users feel comfortable with what we do for them. We invest time in ensuring that all our clients are matched to the right career, not just in terms of the care service required but that personalities and interests are effectively aligned to ensure a strong relationship can form and lifestyle can be enhanced. Our live in care staff provide companionship and support whilst respecting our client’s dignity. Assistance and encouragement are given when needed to help with everyday tasks such as shopping, cooking, assistance with medication and cleaning
Our management team brings together a wealth of expertise in the care, health and social services sectors and share a common passion to make a difference to people’s lives through the delivery of high quality care in the home.
• We offer quality services to all our four levels of clients
• We employ competent service providers who are regularly trained.
• Opportunity to offer quality services to our customers.
• A well-regulated care services sector that offers equally opportunities to all players.
The company provides the following tailored services to meet the needs of the population in Coventry and around the country: learning disability; autism; mental health; physical disability; dementia; and sensory impairment.
Sound of Hope Care Limited offers 24 hour live-in-care support so that individuals can enjoy their lives within their home and community. We actively develop services which are outcome based and individually tailored to enable service users to maximise their personal potential, whilst enjoying all the benefits of living in a supportive and caring environment.
Sound of Hope Care Limited offers the following four levels of live-in care:
Level 1: Domestic and Social Assistance
Domestic and social assistance level offers clients housekeeping, cooking, cleaning, outings and companionship services.
Level 2: Domestic and Personal Care
Domestic and personal care offers clients level 1 service in addition to assistance with washing, dressing, toileting, feeding and assisting with medications.
Level 3: Domestic and Full Personal Care
Domestic and full personal care combines level 2 services and full assistance with personal care, catheter care, and incontinence. In addition to this, there is also full assistance with hoists and other mobility aids.
Level 4: Complex Care
Complex care combines level 3 services and full assistance with stoma care, extreme challenging behaviour. In this level, there is also caring for clients with dementia, terminal illness or postoperative care following major surgery.